A Blog on Books and my reviews on it!!

A Blog on the books I read and my honest opinions about them

Tuesday 9 February 2010

3. Between the Assassinations by Aravind Adiga


The book started out really good and the author was able to maintain the good pace throughout..
It's actually a string of many short stories happening in the same small city of Kittur (a fictitious city)
The characters described are very precise and you get connected to them very well. There is no unnecessary long explanations, leaving a little bit to the reader's imagination and at the end they all bring out the essential flavour to understand the actual workings of any average person in a city of India.
Its a very short read (the book being just 350 pages). So, if anyone is looking for a good book to pass time, this is an excellent recommendation.
Although I must say it's very different from his previous book The White Tiger. Both the books basically deal with the stark contrast between rich and poor this one is slightly sprinkled with humour whereas white tiger was a very dark one.
In many reviews people seem to like white tiger much more than this one, but I couldn't agree on that.
This book is refreshing but White tiger is depressing .

lol...

1 comment:

  1. I was looking for something light to read. Good, I will try this one out!

    ReplyDelete